|Wood Lane "Abduction Attempt" Never Happened|
Borough Commander says allegation by schoolgirl was false
Borough Commander Lucy D'Orsi has told local parents that the alleged attempted abduction of a schoolgirl in Wood Lane on October 9 never actually happened.
At the time, the allegation caused alarm in the local community and the police said extra officers were on patrol in the local area.
Now however, the Borough Commander says on her regullar blog:" I know many parents across the borough were enormously concerned about the alleged abduction in Wood Lane whereby a 14 year-old schoolgirl made an allegation that at about 6pm two men had tried to abduct her on Wood Lane, Shepherd’s Bush near to the junction of Du Cane Road.
" Extensive enquiries have been undertaken by Hammersmith and Fulham Detectives and as a result of this we have been able to prove that no offence took place and that the allegation was totally false.
" I thought you would find this information reassuring. "
Police have also dismissed a second abduction scare, following reports that an attempt had been made to snatch an 11 year-old boy in Fulham Palace Road, close to the Distillers pub.
They say they investigated the claims, but again, found that the incident never happened, and the alarm was caused by a boy overhearing a "jocular" conversation between two men.
December 7, 2012