QPR "Aware" of Abuse Allegations
Taking claims about scout Chris Gieler very seriously
QPR football club have said they are aware of historical child abuse allegations made against former chief scout Chris Gieler.
The Championship club said it "takes these allegations very seriously" and would "co-operate fully in any forthcoming investigation".
Gieler left the club in 2003 and died the following year.
He was employed by the Shepherd's Bush club for 30 years, working in youth development and as chief scout.
QPR is the second local club to become involved in the current investigation into historical abuse. Last week, Chelsea FC was accused to making payments to an alleged victim of abuse and on Saturday it issued a 'profuse' apology to former youth team player Gary Johnson who they said had "suffered unacceptably".
More than 20 former footballers - including ex-youth players, trainees and professionals - have come forward with allegations of historical abuse at various clubs.
The Football Association has announced an internal review, to be led by Clive Sheldon QC.
December 6, 2016