Brothers Jailed for Bursting into Flat and Attacking Occupants

Pair from Devonport Road in Shepherd's Bush sentenced to total of eight years

Two brothers from Devonport Road in Shepherd's Bush have been jailed for a total of eight years after being found guilty of violent disorder at Isleworth Crown Court.

The court heard that Akelle Shemai Charles, 26 and Naeem Neil Phillip-Charles, 32 were among a gang of five thugs who kicked open the door of a flat in White City on 11 January last year and attacked the man and woman inside.

Charles Brothers from White City jailed for violent disorder

They were sentenced on Wednesday, 26 July as follows:

Akelle Shemai Charles was found guilty of violent disorder and sentenced to four and a half years' imprisonment.

His brother, Naeem Neil Phillip-Charles was also found guilty of violent disorder and sentenced to three and a half years in jail.

The court heard that at around 8pm on 11 January 2016, five men wearing motorcycle helmets kicked down the door to a flat in White City. Detectives believe the motive for this incident was a suspected street robbery earlier in the day.

The two occupants, a man in his forties and a woman in her sixties, were threatened by the men. A bicycle was thrown at both victims and the woman was punched in the face, resulting in a broken tooth. Neither victim had any knowledge of the earlier incident and were wholly innocent parties to the events.

An investigation was launched by detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command, and both men were subsequently arrested and charged on 18 December 2016.

Detective Constable Christopher McShane, from the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, said: "This was a shocking ordeal for the two innocent victims, one of whom is a grandmother and who was punched in the face. I am pleased that both men will now have to reflect on their actions in prison.”

The men were both acquitted of aggravated burglary and possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.

Police say they have been unable to trace the other three men involved in the incident.

August 1, 2017